- Denies his usefulness to his "students" or even refuses to teach
- Denies that anyone can "achieve" his "state" through any "way" or "exercise"
- Denies being different from anyone else
- Does not teach any exercises, systems, meditations
- In his "speaches" relies on no system, culture or concept (e.g. Buddha, Dharma, Enlightenment), except to denounce them.
This is a category for the likes of U.G. Krishnamurti - the "raging sage" who refuses to be "placed in any cage". Rinzai Gigen, although technically a Zen master was likely another example of such a sage.